I am a Researcher at the Automatic Control research group, Division of Systems and Control, Department of Electrical Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden.
My main research focus is on the development of efficient energy conversion processes using energy storage systems for modern power grids and electrified transportation systems.
I have authored over 80 relevant peer-reviewed papers published in top-tier journals and prestigious conferences. All the papers are in the areas of modeling, management, and control of energy storage and energy conversion systems.
I am a recipient of the EU Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action Individual Fellowship (MSCA-IF) in 2020.
I’m open to any interest in discussion on my research area. Please contact me via:
Email: yangli [at] ieee.org; yang.li [at] chalmers.se
Tel: +46 (0) 31 772 1557
Address: Horsalsvagen 11, 412 58 Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics (JCR Q1, IF: 8.2)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification (JCR Q1, IF: 6.5)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion (JCR Q1, IF: 4.8)
- Guest Editor, Special Issue on Intelligent Energy Storage Systems, Applied Energy (Elsevier, JCR Q1, IF: 11.4)
News and Updates
- October 1, 2023: We are organizing a special issue on Advanced and Innovative Control Technologies for Grid-Resilience-Enhancing Energy Storage Systems in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. The call for paper is available at IAS website (PDF flyer) .
- September 15, 2023: The journal article titled “Physics-based model predictive control for power capability estimation of lithium-ion batteries” accepted by IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (TII) has been published in Volume 19, Issue 11, Pages 10763-10774, November 2023.
- September 4–8, 2023: I attended EPE’23 ECCE Europe in Aalborg, Denmark. We organized a tutorial “Intelligent BMS (PDF flyer)” on September 4, 2023. This tutorial is collaborated with Aalborg University and RWTH Aachen University.
- August 30, 2023: The journal article titled “Nonlinear inversion-based output tracking control for battery fast charging” accepted by IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology (TCST) has been in early access at IEEE Xplorer.
- August 30, 2023: A journal article titled “Model optimization of a high-power commercial PEMFC system via an improved grey wolf optimization method” has been published in Fuel, Volume 357, Part A, Article Number 129589.
- August 28-29, 2023: I attended Roads to the Future and the E-mobility Day conference days held in Kista, Stockholm, organized by the Swedish Electromobility Centre (SEC).
- August 19, 2023: A journal article titled “Ensemble nonlinear model predictive control for residential solar battery energy management,” has been published in IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, volume 31, issue 5, pages 2188-2200.
- August 10, 2023: A journal article titled “Nonlinear inversion-based output tracking control for battery fast charging,” has been accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology (TCST).
- July 10–14, 2023: I attended IFAC World Congress 2023 in Yokohama, Japan. We successfully organized an invited open track and presented two papers.
- April 23, 2023: Our paper “Nonlinear Model Predictive Control for Residential Solar Battery Energy Management” has been accepted by IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology.